The Initial Training School is the first school of the SCAVENGE training program and aims at providing basic knowledge on different topics, such as:
- basic research methodology
- wireless networks
- convex optimization
- Markov decision processes and dynamic programming
- 5G challenges and standardization
- SCAVENGE research challenges and methodology
Renowned professors and researchers as well as the SCAVENGE supervisors will take care of the different classes of the school.
- Leonardo Badia (Università di Padova)
- Ezio Biglieri (Universitat Pompeu Fabra / Politecnico di Torino)
- Volkan Cevher (EPFL)
- Paolo Dini (CTTC)
- Dino Flore (Qualcomm, 3GPP)
- David López-Pérez (Nokia Bell-Labs)
- Michele Rossi (Università di Padova)
The school program can be found here.
The school is OPEN to external audience (Master and PhD students, post-docs, researchers, etc.) free of charge.
Registration is required.
Please, go to the Registration page, insert your contact details, select the day(s) you will attend and submit.
Registration deadline: November 13, 2016
The school will be held in the CTTC Auditorium. How to get there Address: R-2 rail line L95 bus line By car Look at SCAVENGE ETN youtube channel
Registration desk at the CTTC Reception.
Parc Mediterrani de la Tecnologia – Building B4
Av. Carl Friedrich Gauss 7
08860 – Castelldefels
Castelldefels station (20 min from Barcelona Sants station)
from Barcelona-Plaça Catalunya, final stop (every 20 min)
C-32, exit 46 (Castelldefels). Follow signs to UPC Campus.
C-31, exit “Canal Olímpic”
The school will be held in the CTTC Auditorium.
How to get there
R-2 rail line
L95 bus line
Look at SCAVENGE ETN youtube channel